safeTALK is designed for anyone age 15 or older, including many in more formal helping roles. The steps learned in safeTALK have helped participants from all walks of life be alert to situations where suicide thoughts may be present.
safeTALK helps participants become alert to suicide. Suicide-alert people are better prepared to connect persons with thoughts of suicide with life-affirming help. Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
• Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts may be present
• Recognise that invitations for help are often overlooked
• Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
• Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, KeepSafe
• Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further suicide-safer help
We’re a mental health and wellbeing charity, established in Wrexham since 1992.
Our support helps people overcome challenges such as stress, anxiety,
depression, postnatal depression, low self-esteem and lack of confidence.
For further information visit the twitter feed.