The MHFA (Wales) course is a national training programme for Wales which is licensed and developed by Training in Mind. The internationally recognised training course teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist but, just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
Adult MHFA courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards. Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended an accredited Instructor Training programme, and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
What will I learn?
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. It is a practical skills and awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
Please note: It is essential that bookings are placed no later than Wednesday 8th January, 2019. No lunch is provided although the on-site Connected Café serves hot and cold drinks and a wide range of sandwiches, paninis and deserts.
Due to a lack in numbers, this course has been rescheduled from the originally advertised December dates. Any tickets bought online will still be valid for the new date, or refunds can be issued by contacting our office. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.