Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
This course held in Wrexham will run over two days:
Day one - Wednesday 30th January 9am-5.30pm
Day two - Wednesday 6th February 9am-5.30pm
Please bring a packed lunch as no lunch is provided.
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions.A practical skills and awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
Research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
Each participant will receive a certificate, a wallet-sized reference card plus a comprehensive manual with information about sources of support for people experiencing poor mental health.
The MHFA (Wales) course is a national training programme for Wales which is licensed and developed by Training in Mind.
For enquiries about future courses, or in house training, please contact Advance Brighter Futures via email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.